The Wakefield Way
The Wakefield Way refers to...
- A warm, supportive, family atmosphere.
- A superbly trained, highly dedicated faculty.
- An academics first policy which has led to our unbroken tradition of 100% 4-year college acceptance.
- School-wide recognition and positive peer reinforcement for individual achievement.
- Mastery of written and spoken language through two periods of English each day, ancient and modern language requirements, and Spanish beginning in preschool.
- The courteous manner in which the community members are expected to conduct themselves both in and out of school, on the field of play, and as ambassadors of our school.
- Uniquely Wakefield traditions such as the Wakefield Courtesies, Word of the Day, The Great 100's, and the 5-Pillar program, which form a core of shared experience and development for our students, building a sense of community and pride.
- An annual program of special activities designed to promote school spirit and combine a sense of fun with learning. These include the Medieval Banquet, International Day, the Wakefield Certamen, Field Day, the Christmas assembly, the Classical Recital, and school-sponsored trips abroad in summer and during school breaks.
- An extra period each day devoted to enrichment courses, extra-curricular activities, and sports.
© 2022 Wakefield Country Day School
Send comments or questions about this site .